easy homemade ice cream without a machine*

Yes, you heard me right. Homemade ice cream WITHOUT a machine! Music to my ears. Ice cream is one of my favorite foods - maybe my favorite but I'm not ready to make it official. I dream about ice cream all day. I have not met an ice cream I didn't like. Well, I'm not a huge fan of the ice cream at Sizzler. And one time I got a cheap kind from the store that I didn't care for. However, did I eat them? Yes, of course I did! It's ice cream!

This ice cream is so easy to make! It has a different texture than your typical ice cream, but it still comes out creamy and delicious. I was pleased with it's simplicity and it's overall taste. I think I would still prefer ice cream that was made with a machine, but since I do not own a machine this is definitely a great alternative that I will be taking advantage of on a regular basis I am sure!

I made two different kinds of ice cream my first go round. My first ice cream was a Nutella chocolate chunk ice cream. The second was a Girl's Scout Thin Mint ice cream. Both very tasty. My favorite of the two would have to be the Nutella chocolate chunk, but I am a new found Nutella fanatic.


Easy Homemade Ice Cream Without a Machine
basic recipe from Kevin and Amanda

2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 can sweetened condensed milk
any add in your little heart desires!

Whip the heavy cream to stiff peaks. Add your flavors, topping, and mix-ins to the sweetened condensed milk. Then fold this mixture into the whipping cream. Freeze and enjoy!*

Nutella Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream

 Whip your whipping cream to stiff peaks.

Mix 1/4 cup nutella with 1/2 cup chocolate chunks (melted chocolate spread out on wax paper and chilled in the fridge until firm, then break into chunks) with the sweetened condensed milk.

Fold mixture into the whipping cream and freeze.

Eat up!


Thin Mint Ice Cream

 Beat whipping cream until stiff peaks.

Combine sweetened condensed milk with 1 cup Thin Mints or Grasshopper cookies.

Fold mixture into whipping cream until well combined.

Pour into container and freeze.

Enjoy!*

Sound too easy to be true? Well, it is definitely easy, but it is also true! Imagine the possibilities...

-alyssa*

0 comments:

Post a Comment