blueberry granola parfait*

HOLY SMOKES it's September! Where has the time gone?? Awhile back I had mentioned that the most summerish thing I have done this year was paint a fence and weed my flowerbed. This is still the case, but I have been very productive-ish. We just moved! We are just getting settled in and deciding where to put all of our decorations and what furniture to buy and all that jazz. The worst part is that I was working the bulk of the time while my stuff was getting transferred from one place to another. Well, that really isn't the bad part - because I hate moving. However, now I don't know where a lot of my stuff is. Especially my kitchen gadgets and things. I need to go through and track everything down, and then organize so that I can actually find something. The good part is, now that the move is done and over with, maybe I won't be non-existent in the blogging world! Sorry for my complete abandonment, but I am back and better than ever!!!

I am IN LOVE with these parfaits! Seriously, they are unlike any parfait I have ever had! The students, however, aren't as in love as I am. At least not the boys. I think parfaits are a very "girly" food, but I'm OK with it. I would rather have one of these babies over a pancake any day!

Now, these are not your ordinary blueberries in these parfaits, people! They are marinated with the spicy goodness of none other than cinnamon itself! I have said it once and I will say it again, everything is better with a little cinnamon! Which, reminds me, it is almost FALL! Which means that the tastes of cinnamon and pumpkin and nutmeg can be found everywhere, and it is socially acceptable to arrive with a goody which contain these ingredients in tow! Can I get a HALLELUJAH! And it also means that I can put back up my fall decorations at work, since my office has been bare since Christmas :)


Blueberry Granola Parfait
from Mad Hungry



7 ounces frozen blueberries
Pinch of salt
Pinch of sugar
Pinch of cinnamon
2/3 cup thick Greek yogurt (we just used low fat vanilla for cost purposes)
2 tablespoons granola

In a small saucepan, combine blueberries, salt, sugar, and cinnamon. Place pan over medium-low heat and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Cool completely.


Spoon 1/3 cup yogurt in the bottom of a glass and smooth the top. Add 1 tablespoon blueberry mixture and 1 tablespoon granola. Repeat the layers and eat right away, or chill in fridge until ready to eat. (For extra "healthiness", we added a little whipped topping to the top of our parfaits!)


Get ready for this amazing combination of flavors in your mouth! We have a couple of students that are allergic to blueberries, so we did this same kind of idea but with fresh peaches. AMAZINGGGG!!! If you aren't a big blueberry fan, you HAVE to try it with peaches! Or do both! Seriously. I made one with peaches for myself, ate half of it, then added blueberries to the mix and it was nothing short of incredible!

-alyssa*

0 comments:

Post a Comment