These cute little fruit pizzas we made for the open house at work, along with the bruschetta below. I LOVE LOVE LOVE how these turned out! They look so fancy and fresh and yummy! And really they weren't hard at all. The bottom is just a sugar cookie, topped with some cream cheese frosting, then finished off with some fresh fruit! Easy as pie (I never understood that by the way. Pie really isn't that easy to make..??)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 3/4 cup sugar until smooth. Mix in egg. combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Press dough into an ungreased pizza pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla until light. Spread on cooled crust.
- Arrange desired fruit on top of filling, and chill.
I admit, I cheated and used the pre-packaged sugar cookie dough from the store. I must say, it worked beautifully. But I did make this exact recipe for all of the kids a few months ago, and this cookie dough recipe is very tasty as well :).