chicken parmesan*

This recipe is 3 ingredients. You heard me right - 3. It is so simple, and so amazingly delicious. I love Italian! Back in the day it was hands down my favorite food. Now I am confused about what exactly my "favorite" food is. I swear it changes every single day. Today, my favorite food is the ice cream cake we made yesterday (recipe coming soon). Tomorrow, we are making some orange creamsicle cupcakes. Those will probably become my new favorite food. I will let you know :).

I LOVE chicken parmesan. Love it I tell you. Does anyone remember Fazoli's?? I don't know if one exists anymore. There used to be one in Provo and in Orem, but they are both gone and I haven't seen one since. Anyway, it was this amazing place (that I guess I was the only one that went to) and I would get their baked chicken parmesan. I am not lying, my stomach is rumbling right now just thinking about it. And this cute old lady would walk around and hand out all you can eat WARM breadsticks. Man, I miss that place. If anyone knows if it is still in existence, please let me know!

So this recipe goes out to Fazoli's. It's not a fried chicken breast like theirs is (which is my preference honestly), but it is still pretty darn good. If you get rambunctious, feel free to make your own marinara. We made these for all of the kids, so took the easy way out this time but maybe next time we will switch it up. So are you ready for the 3 ingredients?? Haha, I am pretty sure you can figure this one out yourself.


Chicken Parmesan

Ingredients


6 chicken breasts - boneless, skinless - or breaded and fried/baked if you prefer
1 jar marinara sauce - whichever kind you prefer. I buy Prego Three Cheese, unless I make my own
Mozzarella Cheese

Directions

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a casserole dish with cooking spray so all of the goodness doesn't stick. Cook your chicken breasts in a hot pan until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Meanwhile, while the chicken is cooking heat up your marinara in a saucepan. When the chicken is done, scoop about 1 cup of the warm marinara sauce and cover the bottom of the casserole dish. Top the marinara with your chicken breasts.


Top the chicken breasts with the remainder of the marinara and spread it around evenly. Then is the best part! Sprinkle on as little or as much mozzarella as your little heart desires.


Cover with some aluminum foil and stick in the oven for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is all melty and delicious.


Don't fret if your chicken seems to have "disappeared". Dig in for a second and I promise you will find it hiding in there somewhere!


There it is! Had I had it on hand, I would have topped it with some fresh basil. I don't know where I was on that one. My suggestion: serve with a side of whole wheat spaghetti topped with some more amazing marinara. Or, grab yourself a bun and throw your chicken, sauce and all, and make yourself a delicious sandwich!

-alyssa*

2 comments:

bon said...
April 7, 2011 at 6:19 AM

Do you have a marinara sauce recipe you would share? :)

Unknown said...
April 7, 2011 at 1:51 PM

I actually just kind of throw stuff in. I probably never make it the same twice. My basic ingredients are tomato sauce, diced tomatoes (canned), basil (fresh), oregano, parsley (fresh), salt, pepper, and a little sugar to taste. My very favorite thing to do is make my alfredo/marinara sauce (which can be found in my penne pasta bake post). Simply amazing I tell you! It's a creamy cheesy marinara :)

Post a Comment